Xylem Operations Leadership Program - Internship in Lubbock, Texas
Req ID # 6889BR
Advertised Position Title Operations Leadership Program - Internship
Country United States
Work Location TX, Lubbock
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Xylem is headquartered in Rye Brook, N.Y., with 2012 revenues of $3.8 billion and approximately 12,900 employees worldwide. Xylem was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the last two years for advancing sustainable business practices and solutions worldwide.
Each year our business relies more and more on key suppliers to provide quality products, at the right time and the right cost.
Operations Leadership Program (OLP) is intended to develop talented leaders within our sourcing, purchasing, planning, manufacturing, warehouse, shop floor, scheduling, and logistics functions.
While in the program, OLP team members must acquire the skills and abilities needed to lead a team and to continuously improve our strategic supply chain. With this leadership development focus, OLP team members will be set with higher expectations during and after the program. Deep, diverse experience is critical to the future success of program graduates.
· Our program starts with a three month summer internship assignment at one of our 5 sites: Dallas TX, Lubbock TX, Auburn NY, Buffalo NY, & Morton Grove, IL.
· Upon successful completion of the summer internship, full time rotational offers are made in the fall to begin the summer of the following year (upon graduation).
· The OLP follows three 1 year rotations in three different focus areas.
· Focus areas include: Sourcing, Purchasing, Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Warehouse, Shop Floor, and Manufacturing Engineering.
· Site relocations between rotations are dependent on business needs and employee needs.
· Offsite leadership training 1-2 weeks.
· APICS CPIM and/or Green Belt certification is required by middle of second rotation for Procurement/Supply Chain and Lean Focusedfocused rotations.
· Rotations approved by VP, Operations and Director, Operational Excellence
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (“B” average”) or better.
· Completion of at least two years of college and currently enrolled in a full-time degree program. (If a Bachelor’s degree has been granted, the student must be enrolled in a Master’s Program)
· Open to Travel/Relocation for the summer.
Minimum Education Requirements High School or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required Less than 25%