Univision Summer Internship – Austin, TX – El Rey PR & Outreach - copy in Austin, Texas
Summer Internship – Austin, TX – El Rey PR & Outreach - copy
El Rey Network
ABOUT EL REY NETWORK
El Rey Network is a Latino-infused entertainment brand that revels in the courage, capacity, and creativity of ordinary people on extraordinary journeys. Launched by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez and run by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, El Rey Network develops and produces linear and digital programming as well as integrated branded entertainment offerings. El Rey Network’s flagship is a 24-hour English-language entertainment and lifestyle cable channel that focuses a distinctly Latino lens on popular culture. El Rey Network is jointly owned by Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade with a minority stake held by Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up environment within the television industry. At El Rey, you will be part of a fast-growing, edgy, and groundbreaking new network backed by some of the biggest names in entertainment. During this internship the Intern will directly assist the efforts of production and post production within the El Rey Network Digital department. Based out of the El Rey Network’s Austin office, the intern will work directly with the Director of Digital Programming and the Supervising Producer to help in the research and advancement of long term strategic plans as well as aiding in the day to day execution of existing initiatives. This is a dynamic, hands on position that will expose the intern to many aspects of the television and entertainment industry while learning directly from senior staff members.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS:
Starts: Thursday, June 7th Ends: Friday, August 10th
• Runs 10 weeks; maximum of 40 hours/per week.
• Projects designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry.
• Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives.
• Additional training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills.
• Event and awards research.
• Local event support.
• Help manage media inquiries and potentially help cover interviews.
• Help organize and manage public facing events that will range from press events to consumer and trade functions.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Must be pursuing a Bachelor degree at an accredited institution.
• Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2017 graduate.
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Prior work/internship experience in the entertainment industry
• TV, Film, and/or New Media Production Major
• Basic use of Adobe Premiere a plus
• Knowledgeable in pop culture and movies a plus
• Proficiency with Word/Excel/ PowerPoint
• Demonstrate leadership and adaptability
• Positive, service-oriented, energetic self-starter with excellent oral/written communication skills
• Strong Internet/research and analytical skills
• Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills
• Ability to multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Well organized, disciplined and detail-oriented
• Must be comfortable communicating with senior staff members.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled